What To Do Before You Hire Movers And Packers In Denver
Nothing can compare to the arduous ordeal that is moving. While you may be excited to move into a new home, you’ll need to endure the stresses and frustrations that inevitably come with the process. You can greatly simplify and improve your upcoming move by hiring professional movers and packers in Denver. But before you make your hiring decision, there are some crucial things you’ll need to take care of first.
We know you already have a lot on your plate in the weeks and months leading up to your move. However, when you take the time to address the following things, you’ll ensure a smooth and successful move for your family.
Reduce Your Moving Inventory
We all tend to underestimate how much stuff we actually own. Believe it or not, you likely have thousands upon thousands of personal possessions and items in your home right now. Just think about all of the things that are stored in your closets, attic space, garage, and even your basement. Chances are, you’ve forgotten about a lot of things in your home. And it’s highly likely that you won’t want to bring all of those things with you to your new property.
Before you contact any movers and packers in Denver, you should start clearing out your storage areas and getting rid of items you no longer need. Not only will this help lighten the load on moving day, but you will also lower your moving costs far in advance.
However, this doesn’t mean you should just throw away all of the things you no longer use! Far too many families end up discarding many of their items that could’ve had secondary value to others. In fact, the HuffPost found that the average American throws away up to 65 pounds of clothing every year!
Don’t just waste your old clothes and items by tossing them into the dumpster. Instead, take the opportunity to either:
- Sell your possessions - A good old-fashioned garage sale could help you get rid of many items and make some profit off them too! Online markets like LetGo and Facebook Marketplace could be viable options to sell off your older possessions as well.
- Donate your things - Your old clothes and possessions will likely still have value to many second-hand shoppers. Whatever you don’t sell should be donated to local charities and nonprofits, like Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, or the Salvation Army.
Create A Personal Moving Check-List
Moving homes is not a walk in the park. You’ll have a long list of tasks and responsibilities to take care of in the weeks leading up to your move. You’ll need to transfer your utilities and prescriptions, enroll your kids in new schools, update your forwarding address, say goodbye to your friends and neighbors, and complete plenty of other tasks before moving day.
You don’t want things to get lost in the chaotic clutter of your moving timeline. Before you get too overwhelmed, create a personalized master checklist for your upcoming move. There are all kinds of moving checklists and templates out there to help you through the process.
However, we recommend that you use those examples to create your own master checklist in an Excel spreadsheet or a Google Doc. When you personalize your checklist to your individual situation, you’ll thoroughly prepare yourself for your upcoming move. And when you’re well prepared, moving day will be much more manageable.
Find The Right Movers And Packers In Denver
From nationwide chains to small family-owned businesses, Denver has plenty of options for moving companies. However, that doesn’t mean every moving company is the same as the last. Many movers can vary greatly in terms of moving capabilities, professionalism, and customer service.
To ensure you’re hiring the right full-service movers for your needs, you’ll need to do some research. Start by talking with your friends and family to gain some reliable referrals. From there, build a brief list of moving companies (5 minimum, 10 max) and begin researching each one. With every moving company, take the time to:
- Review their company history - How long have they been in business? The longer they’ve been in business, the better. What are their company values? These foundational principles will give you an idea of what the company’s priorities are.
- Read customer reviews - What have past customers said about the moving company? Reviews on platforms like Google and Angie’s List will give you a more in-depth insight into the kind of service you can expect.
- Check their complaint history - Most moving companies will have encountered a handful of complaints throughout the years. Pay attention to how the company responds to those complaints and what they do to resolve them. Check their Better Business Bureau profile to learn more about any past client complaints.
- Verify their credentials - Whether you’re moving in-state or out-of-state, your movers must have the right moving credentials. Check with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to ensure your movers are legitimate and trustworthy.
To top it all off, you may want to consider any additional services that your moving company can provide. For instance, we offer storage solutions in addition to our packing and moving capabilities at Amazing Moves. Those helpful services can come in handy during your move.
And before you hire movers, make sure you gather at least a handful of quotes from your top options. This will help ensure you get the best deal with the most reliable movers for your upcoming transition.
Get A Reliable Estimate From The Top Movers And Packers In Denver
If you’re already looking to hire reliable full-service movers, you’ve come to the right place. At Amazing Moves, we have been moving families into new homes across Colorado and the entire U.S. since 2003. Our locally based movers are highly experienced and expertly trained to take on all kinds of moving challenges. With unparalleled customer service and an unwavering dedication to our clients, we’ll do everything we can to make your move amazing.
Contact Amazing Moves today to get an accurate moving estimate from the top movers and packers in Denver.