What To Keep In Mind When Comparing Boulder Moving Companies
Everyone knows how stressful the moving process can be. Between the millions of tiny details to life-changing implications of your move, it’s easy to see why moving is one of the most stressful life events. You can greatly simplify and de-stress your upcoming move in Boulder by leveraging the support of professional movers. However, as there’s no shortage of Boulder moving companies, it’s not always easy to know which one you should use.
How can you accurately compare each moving company against the others? What factors should you pay attention to and why? We know that moving is a monumental task for any family, so we’ve aimed to make your research phase simpler and easier. As you start to compare various movers in Boulder, make sure you keep these considerations in mind.
The Logistics Of Your Move
This may feel like an obvious pointer, but it is always worth mentioning: every move is different in a multitude of ways. And we’re not just talking about the destination or the possessions. There are numerous logistical factors that can influence your choice in a given moving company. These kinds of operational considerations may include:
- The timeline of your move
- Your available moving budget
- The amount of inventory you plan to move
- And the total distance of your move
If you live a minimalist lifestyle and you’re only moving a short distance, you might not need a moving company at all! A couple of supportive friends may be able to help you move in a single weekend. However, if you have plenty of possessions and a more complicated moving timeline, you’ll need to hire a Boulder moving company.
Your Unique Needs
As we said before, every move is different. You may have some specialized moving requirements that can greatly influence your choice in local movers. For instance, you and your significant other could be pursuing very busy professional careers. As you balance work and family, you may not have much time to pack up your possessions in the weeks leading up to your move. If this sounds like your personal situation, then you could benefit from specialized moving services. We’d recommend that you take the time to consider any special challenges or unique obstacles that could get in the way of your move.
- Will you not have enough time to pack up all of your things? Then you should look for movers who offer packing services.
- Is it likely that you’ll need to keep some items in storage during or after your move? Then you may want to consider movers with storage solutions.
Those additional specialized services can make a monumental difference on the success of your move. Make sure you weigh all of these considerations carefully before you sign a contract.
Don’t Fall For Moving Scams
It’s estimated that more than 35 million Americans move every year. While most of those moves will be successful thanks to legitimate movers, many families can be negatively impacted by moving fraud each year as well. It should go without saying that you should strive to steer clear of those dishonest moving companies. Fortunately, you can avoid those moving scams by doing your homework. Remember to:
- Check the physical address of all Boulder moving companies. If their address is residential, a P.O. box, or they have no address at all, then that moving business may not be legitimate.
- Verify the company has an active license. All reputable moving companies should have a U.S. DOT number listed somewhere on their website. You can double-check for a moving company's license via the FMCSA SAFER system.
- Steer clear of companies that require a deposit. Legitimate moving companies will never ask for a deposit before moving your items. All payments should happen towards the end of your move.
- Examine their work history. Look for honest reviews from real people on places like Google and the Better Business Bureau. Those genuine reviews from past clients will give you a clear idea of which movers are trustworthy and which ones are not.
To help identify moving scams, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has developed a handy tool for homeowners just like you. The Protect Your Move tool allows you to look up moving companies by state or by name, and review their consumer complaint history and on-road safety performance.
As you verify the legitimacy of various roofing companies, you can start to get some moving estimates from your preferred options. From there, do your best to carefully weigh all of your needs and pressing considerations once more before you decide on a moving company.
Leverage One Of The Top Boulder Moving Companies
Are you getting your family ready to move homes in the Boulder area? Then it’s time to connect with one of the top moving companies near you: Amazing Moves. Our professional movers have been relocating families throughout Boulder and beyond for decades. We can provide the specialized moving services you need to free up your time for other important moving responsibilities. Our movers are highly reviewed across all platforms and we’re always focused on delivering the optimal client experience.
Contact Amazing Moves today to get your free estimate from one of the top Boulder moving companies.