Hiring a Denver Moving Company: Is It Worth It?
You found the perfect place to live, you signed the lease, and you paid the security deposit. Congratulations! Moving homes is exciting, but trust us when we say we know it can also be very stressful. Packing up your belongings and transporting them safely from point A to B is a lot of work. As you start to plan out your move, you may be wondering whether or not it’s worth it to hire a Denver moving company. In most cases, it definitely is, but here’s how to know for your situation.
When to hire professional movers
Full-service movers can make a significant difference in any move. Here are a few examples of when it’s best to hire a moving company:
- You have bulky furniture. Bulky furniture is difficult—and sometimes even dangerous—to move. Items such as couches, TVs, and bed frames aren’t easy to transport, especially without professional experience. The last thing you want is to damage your treasured belongings during your move. That can make an already stressful experience even worse.
- You’re on a short timeline. If you need to move sooner rather than later, it can be beneficial to hire a professional moving company. Doing so can help reduce stress and allow you to focus on other parts of your move, such as setting up wifi, utilities, and insurance.
- You’re moving long-distance. If you’re moving to a new state or across the country, it’s often far more convenient to simply meet your boxes at your new home rather than endure a multi-day, cross-country road trip in a U-Haul.
- Your friends and family aren’t able to help. If you don’t have the help of friends and family on your anticipated move date, it’s probably best to hire professional help. No matter how strong you may be, moving furniture by yourself is always difficult.
- You want your belongings to be well organized. Do you want your picture frames to be nicely wrapped? Do want your glassware to be safely and securely packed? Do you want your belongings organized by room? Do you want help taking apart and reassembling furniture? If so, it’s worth hiring moving professionals!
When to DIY your move
There are many cases where you might not need to hire a moving company at all! Here are a few example scenarios:
- You have little to no furniture. If you aren’t planning to move much furniture, you may not need to hire movers.
- You want to cut down on moving-related expenses. Though movers can save you a significant amount of time and stress, it typically is more expensive to work with professionals. If cost is your number one concern, it might make more sense to move everything yourself.
- You’re just moving down the block. If your new home is just around the corner, it’s possible that you can tackle it on your own.
- You have plenty of help. If you have friends, family, and roommates who are willing to help, you may not require professional moving services.
Hire a top Denver moving company today
If you’re interested in hiring a top Denver moving company, reach out to us today at Amazing Moves. We can provide a full-service moving experience, complete with packing and storage services, so that your relocation can be as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Locally owned and operated, we are proud to offer flexible accommodations that national chains can’t. When you work with Amazing Moves you get big-company experience with small-business attention.
Contact us today for a free estimate.