A FAQ Guide To Denver Colorado Moving And Storage Services
As you gear up for your move into a new home, you’re likely considering the idea of hiring professional movers. But where do you start your search? And how can you accurately evaluate your moving needs? That’s where we come in. As a top Denver, Colorado moving and storage company, we have helped thousands of families relocate into new homes since our inception in 2003. Today we are leveraging those decades of experience to answer the most frequently asked questions about moving and storage services.
Whether you’re moving within the state or across the country, we know that you can find some valuable information from these responses.
How Can I Tell If I Need Moving And Storage Services?
Every move into a new home is different. From the total distance to the moving inventory, each and every move will differ greatly in a number of ways. Depending on your situation, one moving method may be better for your needs over the others.
For that reason, it’s important to get a good idea of your moving needs early on. You may benefit greatly from professional Denver moving and storage services if you:
- Have substantial moving inventory
- Require considerable support on moving day
- Anticipate a complicated moving timeline (e.g., time gaps between move-out and move-in dates, require storage to sell or gift items after your move, etc.)
In these kinds of scenarios, a Denver moving and storage company is likely the best moving method for you.
What Storage Options Are Available? And How Will I Be Charged For Them?
Each moving company that offers storage services will provide different storage options. For instance, at Amazing Moves, we offer two different storage solutions for our clients. These include:
- Traditional storage vaults (5’ x 7’ x 8’)
- Oversized storage racks for larger and specialty items
These storage solutions are highly effective for most moving situations. Your items will stay neatly packaged and wrapped, ready to be transported at a moment’s notice. And your specialty items will be placed into crates to keep them effectively protected for the duration of your storage period and your move.
In many situations, we will rent out several storage vaults for our clients. And while that might sound expensive at first, our storage rates are actually highly affordable. We only charge $60/month for each vault and we offer monthly discounts for clients if they rent 4 or more vaults.
Would It Be Wiser To Rent A Self-Storage Unit Instead?
Like we said before, every move is different. You need to accurately evaluate your moving needs and your moving budget before you make these moving and storage decisions. However, it almost always makes more sense to hire movers with on-site storage solutions.
When all of your stuff is in one place ready to move when you need it, your move will be greatly expedited. This way, your movers won’t need to drive to a separate storage facility to load up your things.
And not only are on-site storage vaults more efficient and timely, but they’re also more cost-effective. As CubeSmart reports, the current average price for a self-storage unit in Denver is $125/month. Of course, the actual rates can vary by the size of the unit, the storage provider, and the unit features (e.g., climate-control). However, you’ll also save money on the total cost of labor when your things are stored on-site with your movers.
What Charges Will Be Included In My Moving Estimate?
Most professional movers will offer two different types of estimates: non-binding and binding estimates. As you may have guessed, a non-binding estimate is a rough approximation of your total moving costs. If your mover offers a non-binding estimate, you may expect the final costs to go up. However, your mover can only require you to pay 110% of the written estimates at the time of delivery. On the other hand, your movers are required to honor the price of your binding estimate, assuming nothing changes with your inventory list.
When your movers provide you with an in-person estimate, it will include virtually all of your expected charges. It will take into account things like:
- The total distance of your move
- The overall weight of your belongings
- The time of year you’re moving
- The expected moving timeline
- Your anticipated storage needs
It is worth noting that many moving companies may charge you extra for additional services. These may include charges for things like stairs, shuttle services, and long carry services (Consumer Affairs). Be sure to ask your movers during your initial estimate about these additional service fees.
Why Should I Hire A Denver Colorado Moving And Storage Company?
If you’re still on the fence about your moving options, don’t worry: we get it. Moving to a new home is a big deal, so your decision on the right moving method carries a lot of weight. While you might be up for a DIY move, professional movers in Denver, CO offer a wide range of benefits that just can’t be matched by a DIY approach.
When you decide to leverage professional moving and storage services, you’ll gain:
- Reliable storage for sudden delays - Whether or not you need temporary storage space, it never hurts to have a back-up option in place. From inclement weather to family emergencies, your move can suddenly become delayed for a number of reasons. When that happens, you’ll be glad you hired movers with on-site storage solutions.
- Absolute peace of mind - Your full-service movers can handle just about every single part of your move for you. From the heavy lifting and packing to the storage and transportation, you won’t have to lift a finger. And thanks to liability coverage, you won’t need to stress about lost or broken items during your move.
- More free time in your moving timeline - Moving is a hectic experience. You have a million things to take care of before you move to your new home. By booking your move with professional movers, you’ll have less to worry about and you’ll gain more free time to take care of other items on your moving to-do list.
Leverage The Best Denver Colorado Moving And Storage Services
If you’re gearing up to move homes in the near future, then you’ve come to the right place. At Amazing Moves, we have a clear goal of making every move simply amazing. We accomplish this goal by leveraging our decades of moving expertise to provide an unparalleled moving experience. We offer packing and on-site storage solutions in addition to our moving services. And our highly trained movers will always go the extra mile to deliver top-tier customer service.
Contact Amazing Moves today to learn why we’re a leading Denver Colorado moving and storage company.