3 Things To Keep In Mind When Moving To Denver, CO
Families have been flocking to Denver in impressively large numbers for many years now. In fact, it is estimated that from 2010 to 2020 nearly 71,000 people moved to Denver. The Mile High City is more popular than ever before! And our great city is always happy to welcome new residents and transplants from all over the world. If you’re moving to Denver CO, it never hurts to learn some new things and thoroughly prepare for your move.
At Amazing Moves, we have been helping families move to and from Colorado for nearly two decades. We’ve leveraged that experience and developed a list of helpful tips, tricks, and facts for families moving to Denver CO.
There Is A Diversity Of Denver Neighborhoods
Before you move to Denver, you’ll need to decide where you want to live. This great city has no shortage of unique and outstanding neighborhoods. From quaint suburbs to bustling metro areas, each Denver neighborhood comes with a distinctive personality and its own set of pros and cons. For instance:
- Luxurious neighborhoods like Cherry Hills are often quiet and secure, with more upscale homes.
- Traditional neighborhoods like Cap Hill are more lively and eclectic, with older and more affordable residences.
- Up-and-coming areas like the Highlands are packed with rich history, lively establishments, and much more.
Of course, you should also consider nearby schools, neighborhood safety, park vicinity, your real estate budget, and other factors when picking a Denver neighborhood. Whatever your needs may be, there is undoubtedly an ideal neighborhood in Denver for you and your family.
Your Cost Of Living Won’t Break The Bank
When you are moving to Denver CO, the biggest financial hurdle will most likely be your housing costs. Denver real estate prices continue to climb every year and rental costs are experiencing similar increases. Once you’ve overcome the financial challenge of your housing, your living expenses will start to level out. In Denver, you can experience terrific quality of life for an affordable cost of living.
In Denver, you won’t have to pay an arm and a leg to cover your state and local taxes. In fact, Colorado currently has some of the lowest property taxes in the country and a flat income tax rate of 4.63%. Although healthcare costs in Denver are slightly higher than the national average, groceries and utilities are lower. While the cost of living may rise in the future, Denver is currently situated as an affordable city for most families.
Local Movers Are Your Best Option
Moving is often a complicated, frustrating, and time-consuming process. Professional movers can greatly alleviate all of your moving concerns and greatly expedite the moving process. And when you’re moving to Denver CO, it pays off to work with local movers in Denver. What advantages do you gain by working with local movers? There are at least a few.
- Exceptional Customer Service - Local movers are motivated by their reputations within the community. To uphold their social standings, local movers will go above and beyond to meet your needs. That dedicated service can make a huge difference on the success of your move.
- Security and Safety - Since Denver movers are more motivated by their reputations, they’ll be more focused on preserving your possessions throughout your move. They will be extra careful with your items and pack up your things to minimize the risk of damages.
- Local Business Recommendations - Once your move is wrapped up, you might need suggestions for local contractors. Denver-based movers are intimately familiar with the Mile High City and they’ll happily offer high-quality recommendations to you.
- Knowledge of Local Area - Google Maps isn’t always right. The roadways of Denver can often experience congestion at certain times throughout the day. Local movers will know how to best avoid heavy traffic, which helps save you time and money on your big moving day.
Don’t just opt for the first national moving chain that pops up in your Google search! Trust us: it is well worth your time and energy to go the local route and hire movers in the Denver area.
Set Yourself Up For Success When Moving To Denver CO
At Amazing Moves, our local movers are always eager to help families get settled in the Mile High City. Our company is fully licensed and insured to perform local, intrastate, and state-to-state moves for our clients. As full-service movers, we are prepared to help your family transition into your new Colorado home.
Contact Amazing Moves today to get a free estimate for your upcoming move to Denver.