Organizing Your Move
Organizing your move by having a planner specifically designated for your moving needs will save you time, energy, and possibly money. You should create your plan at least one month before your move, and organize it into the following categories:
- Checklists - Find an online printable checklist/form that you can use as a guide to know what needs to be done before, during, and after your move.
- Utilities - Use this section to keep track of utility contracts, paperwork and more. List contact information and appointments, and make appointments well in advance.
- Loan Documents - For easy access and reference, you can keep your loan documents in this section until after the move. After the move, file them in your home office.
- Receipts - This section is for any purchases that will be made in reference to the move or your house. For example, keep any receipts for any fixture purchases. If something doesn't fit, or you need to return or exchange it for any reason, you can look here for the receipt.
- Movers - Keep your moving company or truck rental contract and contact numbers in this section.
- Builder - Place any contact numbers for your builder, warranties and paperwork in this section during your move.
- Inventory List - Search online for "moving inventor list," print one out and fill it out.
- Schedules - This section is for appointments, moving company schedules and more. It will be easier to create a Word document calendar, print it out and place it in the planner. You can document your house closing appointment, walk-through, mover's schedule, utility hookup times and any other important information.
These are just a few items that would be ideal to track before, during, and after your move. No matter what you decide to track while moving, having some sort of plan or list is always a good idea. Moving can be hectic, so the more prepared you are, the better off you’ll be.
Amazing Moves — Make Your Move Amazing!