Organizing your move by having a planner specifically designated for your moving needs will save you time, energy, and possibly money. You should create your plan at least one month before your move, and organize it into the following categories:
- Checklists - Find an online printable checklist/form that you can use as a guide to know what needs to be done before, during, and after your move.
- Utilities - Use this section to keep track of utility contracts, paperwork and more. List contact information and appointments, and make appointments well in advance.
Almost everyone knows basic moving and packing rules when it comes to everyday household items like furniture, kitchenware, or office supplies. But what about plants? Most people tend to overlook preparing plants for moving, which could end up in disaster. So, if you care enough about your plants, below are some tips for packing them with care.
When you are moving from your home, you can use all the moving tips you can get. Make moving a little easier and peruse tips 51 through 100. (You can see our first 50 tips here.)
51. Lift with your legs. Moving with back pain makes for a very long day.
52. Easy fix for furniture indentations on carpet: Place ice cube on divots, let them melt, and then use a spoon to lift the fibers up.
53. Be sure to drain oil, gas, and even grass from your lawn equipment to avoid a major disaster when moving
Over the years, we've learned a lot about moving and collected loads of great moving tips. Here are fifty of our favorites.
#1: Assemble and make your bed first so that after a long day of moving, your bed will be ready for you to fall into.
#2: Put a laundry basket filled with towels, soaps, toiletries, paper, etc. into your car. Make it the first thing you unload.
#3: Use 2 old fitted sheets to keep your mattress clean during a move. Wrap one around each side.
Digitizing Your Photos
As you begin to pack and prepare for your Denver relocation, you're likely to come across boxes of photos and slides. If you'd like to preserve these memories, save space and make them more accessible to others, digitizing your photos is a worthwhile undertaking and it's not as hard to do as you may think.